How to view the processor information in Linux

Hi everyone! This is going to be a really short post but I think that someday it may be useful for you like it is for me. Sometimes friends, family or strangers give me/throw away old/damaged computers (some aren't damaged at all and can be fixed by formatting the hard drive :) ).  Whenever I get my hands in one of these computers I want to find out about the specs of the hardware. In this post I'll show you how to get info about the processor if you have a running computer. Basically, start a console and run:
cat /proc/cpuinfo
and you'll get all the info about the CPU, just like shown in the image below :) .

(Click the photo for better resolution in Picasa Photostream)
If you don't need all of the CPU information you can also use a simpler command which will provide you the essential info:
lscpu
(Click the photo for better resolution in Picasa Photostream)
I hope it's useful for you :) Take care!



Did you find this post helpful? Do you wish to contribute to other projects regarding computer science, electronics, robotics or mechatronics that will be posted in this blog? If you wish to do so, you can donate via paypal using the button below. Thanks! :)

Donate

0 Comments:

top